Sculpture Space is an international arts residency program that provides specialized studio workspace for professional artists whose focus is sculpture. We are dedicated to the belief that art — particularly sculpture — has the power to strengthen our understanding of the world around us. Committed to providing artists with the time and resources to fully explore their creative potential, Sculpture Space seeks to expand public awareness of and support for contemporary art by creating opportunities for artists to share their work with the community through exhibitions, lectures, and educational outreach.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Associate will spearhead development efforts as Sculpture Space Inc., now in its 40th year, continues to grow.
An evolving position at Sculpture Space, the Development Associate will have the opportunity to help build this strategic operating function in accordance with the strengths, expertise, and interests they bring with them to the organization. Position is 30 hours a week. Office located in Utica, New York.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Help develop and execute Sculpture Space annual fundraising plan
• Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
• Manage the implementation of an alumni giving program and outreach
• Help develop ongoing relationships with major donors
• Identify and apply for national and international foundation grants that support Sculpture Space’s mission
• Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
• Assist in special events
• Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Develop and implement strategies for reaching new donor constituencies, both nationally and internationally
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree desirable
• Two-plus years experience in development (arts related organization a plus)
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communications skills (written and oral)
• Willingness to engage in some travel and public speaking engagements
• Examples of creative programming or problem-solving during their professional career
For application submission, please visit https://form.jotform.com/70324065311140. Search begins February 2017 and will continue until candidate is selected.