DEADLINE: December 31, 2013
For July 2014-December 2015, we hope to introduce (dependent on funding) several new residency initiatives for artists engaged in social practice. These residencies will be offered for periods of six months to a full year (based on the proposal/project at a rate of 20 hours/week) and funding will be @$1000/month, plus additional support of @$1000/month for travel/materials.
1. A partnership with the Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees (http://www.mvrcr.org/) that pairs an Artist in Residence with refugees working at the center utilizing traditional arts/crafts (basketry, weaving, etc.) to create/realize new collaborative works/projects.
2. A partnership with the Oneida County Health Department Community Garden’s (http://www.ocgov.net/sites/default/files/Utica_garden_map.htm) that pairs an Artist in Residence with gardeners/community members for multiple neighborhood outreach projects including art-making, educational, experiential and other events/activities.
3. A partnership with local recyclers, the City of Utica and the New York State Foundation for Reduction, Reuse and Recycling that pairs an Artist in Residence with gardeners/community members as well as K-12 school groups for multiple neighborhood outreach projects including art-making, educational, experiential and other events/activities. (This residency also includes a public art commission for a permanent site-specific artwork.)
If you are interested in applying for any/all of these partnered residencies, please CALL Monika at the office at 315.724.8381 or EMAIL email@example.com with any questions. Please EMAIL the following materials to apply:
2. Project proposal including ideal timetable and schedule;
3. Images (up to ten);
4. Email/telephone contact for THREE references.
Note: These residencies are separate from our regular 2-month artist in residence program. If you are interested in applying for the 2-month residency program, applications must be submitted at https://sculpturespace.slideroom.com/.